Paying a Penalty Notice (Parking Ticket)
Penalty notices can be paid in the following ways:
- Online or by Telephone - Payments can be made by Visa or MasterCard through Paymentus, a third-party service, either online or by calling 1-855-288-4097. A $3 service charge will be applied. Click here for more information.
- By mail - Send a cheque or money order payable to the following address:
Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
1593 Four Mile Creek Road, PO Box 100
Virgil, ON L0S 1T0
Note: Do not send cash in the mail
- Drop Off Boxes at the Municipal Offices (located near the staff entrance): Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake Municipal Office, 1593 Four Mile Creek Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Parking Machines - Payment can be made at any parking machine
- Drop-off Boxes - Cheque and money order payments can be left in any of the 5 red drop-off boxes located conveniently throughout the Town (see below). The locations are also listed on the reverse of the penalty notice. If you require a receipt of payment, include your address along with a note requesting a receipt.
- Not Paid Notice - If no action is taken to pay a penalty notice, it will ultimately result in default and your Ontario vehicle permit may be denied by the Ministry of Transportation (Service Ontario). Renewal of existing or the issuance of new Ontario vehicle permits will not be granted until payment is made including all applicable fees.
Drop-off Box Locations:
- Court House Lot
- Town Municipal Offices, at the front and side entrances
- Victoria Street, south of Queen Street
- Niagara College, inside main entrance
- Picton Street on the north side
- 1593 Four Mile Creek Road, Municipal Offices (located near the staff entrance)
Disputing A Pentalty Notice
As of July 1, 2014, parking tickets will be referred to as Penalty Notices. See the information below on paying penalty notices and how to dispute them.
Should you have any further questions, please contact our Town Administration building at 905-468-3266 or by email.