Welcome to the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake!
Niagara-on-the-Lake is a community full of rich history, heritage, culture, and beauty, and many parks and green spaces, local businesses, recreational activities, events, and more to explore.
The Town will offer new residents of Niagara-on-the-Lake a Welcome Package. In it, you will find vouchers for:
- the fitness area at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Community Centre,
- one of our outdoor swimming pools, the Niagara Pool or St. Davids Pool,
- public skating at the Meridian Credit Union Arena or the Centennial Arena,
- Niagara-on-the-Lake's history through the Museum's historical walking tour.
This package also includes a current copy of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Community Guide. This guide is an excellent resource for pertinent information regarding garbage collection, health care options in Niagara, hydro and library services, and activities and clubs offered around the Town. It will also include helpful information from our Fire & Emergency Services on fire alarms, quick facts, and important information about planning and building in our Town.
A couple of new residents visited Town Hall to pick up their free recycle bins and were given a warm welcome to the community with a New Resident Welcome Package. They were delighted to receive the Town- branded tote bag filled with pertinent information, complimentary amenity offers and more.
Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Saunders; you belong here.
To get your New Resident Welcome Package, visit the Town Hall Administration Building at 1593 Four Mile Creek Road in Virgil. We are offering one Welcome Package per household. Please note the contents of the package may vary.
If you are looking to meet new people and utilize your skills and experience, join one of our many committees or volunteer with local organizations.
Whichever way you choose to spend your time in Niagara-on-the-Lake, we hope you will feel like you belong here!
New Resident Checklist:
- Sign up for Pre-Authorized Property Tax Payments and E-billing
- Download Niagara Region Transit App
- Purchase a dog license
- Purchase a Resident Parking Permit
- Pick up new recycle bins at Town Hall in Virgil
- Set up a Hydro and Water account online at NOTL Hydro or in person at 8 Henegan Road in Virgil
- Sign up for a fitness membership at the Community Centre at 14 Anderson Lane
- Get a Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library card for books and programs at 10 Anderson Lane
Things to do:
- Play Disc Golf at the Community Centre
- Visit the Fort George National Historic Site
- Go public skating at the Meridian Credit Union or Centennial Arena
- Learn about the history of my beautiful Town on a Niagara-on-the-Lake Museum walking tour
- Go public swimming at the Niagara Pool or St. Davids Pool
Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Experience Representatives at Town Hall can assist you in person at our Town Administration Building located at 1593 Four Mile Creek Road in Virgil, by phone at 905-468-3266 Ext. 0 or by email at email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing Niagara-on-the-Lake as your new home. You belong here!