Niagara Lake Shore Cemetery
All administrative functions of the cemetery are managed at the cemetery at 1483 Lakeshore Road. This includes transactions such as lot purchases, interments, cremation scatterings, and record and lot availability inquiries. Please make an appointment prior to your visit.
Staff are pleased to assist families in choosing the perfect means of memorialization. The Cemetery provides earth and cremation interment or a niche in our columbarium.
Care and maintenance is the responsibility of the Parks & Recreation division with Niagara Lake Shore Cemetery being the only active burial grounds. There are ten inactive cemeteries within the municipality that are cared for by our staff:
- Ball Cemetery, Hunter Road
- Baptist Cemetery, Virgil
- Chrysler Cemetery, Line 8 at Creek Road
- Clement Cemetery, St. Davids
- Homer Cemetery, Old Hwy. 8 at Canal
- Negro Burial Place, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- River Road Cemetery, at Browns Point
- Servos Cemetery
- Sterling Cemetery, Line 6
- United Church Cemetery, Virgil
Selections of fine bronze and granite markers are available at the Cemetery along with bronze wreath plates for columbarium niches.