The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is served not only by elected officials but by volunteers through appointment to its various committees. The Town is looking for people who have an interest in contributing to their community to make Niagara-on-the-Lake a great place to live, work and visit!
To be eligible for appointment to a Committee, you must:
- Be a resident of the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake and/or work or have a place of business in the municipality; and
- Have a demonstrated commitment and interest in the community.
The Selection Committee is comprised of four (4) members of Council, the Chief Administrative Officer, and the Town Clerk who will review applications based on established skills-based criteria. Efforts will be made to appoint members representative of all Niagara-on-the-Lake communities and the diversity of its residents.
We thank all applicants for their time. There were many highly qualified applicants and all positions have been filled for the following Committees and Boards:
- Committee of Adjustment
- Irrigation Committee
- Joint Accessibility Advisory Committee (1 NOTL representative)
- Municipal Accommodation Tax Committee
- Municipal Heritage Committee
- Urban Design Committee
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library Board
- Niagara District Airport Commission
- Tourism Strategy Committee
To ensure strategic alignment, adequately plan resources and prepare meeting schedules, the second phase of recruitment for Committees of Council will take place following the approval of Council’s Strategic Plan.
For more information, please see Report CS-22-036.
Please check back here for more information about the next stage of recruitment.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.