The Town of Niagara-on-the Lake offers a number of animal care services managed under our Animal Care and Control Services Contract. These services help keep residents, pets, and wildlife safe.
For animal control issues, please call the Lincoln County Humane Society at 905-682-0767 or 1-800-263-2469 (after hours, press one for emergencies).
Some of the services you can contact them for include, but are not limited to:
- Animal Care and Control by-law infractions
- A lost/found pet
- Off-leash or stray animals
- Injured animals
- Responding to dog bites or aggressive dog concerns
- Complaints about barking dogs or poop and scoop
- To report dead animals on public property, including the road (note that private property owners are responsible for addressing dead and nuisance wildlife on private property)
- Animal Care & Control By-law (By-law 4512-11)
Read information from the Ministry of Natural Resources about coyotes, foxes, and wolves.
Find out more about coyotes in our region and how to respond to a sighting.
Dog owners are required to register their dog(s) with the Town and pay an annual registration fee.