The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is pleased to provide a variety of payment options. Please see below for instructions on how to make payments to the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Please note that online payments can be made for the following services only:
- Dog Tags
- Parking Passes
- Parking Tickets
- Property Taxes
All other payments can be made via mail, in-person, or dropbox service.
Send a cheque or money order payable to the following address:
Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
1593 Four Mile Creek Road, PO Box 100
Virgil, ON L0S 1T0
Note: We discourage customers from sending cash in the mail.
In-person or by dropbox at the Municipal Offices:
Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake Municipal Office
1593 Four Mile Creek Road, Virgil
*COMING SOON* - More online payment options
The Town is working hard to continuously improve its service options and create more accessible and efficient ways for customers to receive service and conduct business with the Town. We intend to provide more opportunities for online payment options in the near future.
Pay Your Property Taxes or Parking Tickets by Credit Card
The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is pleased to provide an alternative payment option should you wish to use your credit card for property taxes payments, building permits, parking fines, or other user fees. Paymentus is a third-party service, available on-line or by automated phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and accepts MasterCard and Visa.
To Access this Service:
- Pay on-line or call toll-free at 1-855-288-4097
- Paymentus charges a service fee for each transaction (see below). Please note: The Town does not receive any part of this service fee.
- Each bill will need to be paid individually.
|Payment Type||Service Fee|
|Tax Payments||1.75% to a maximum of $25,000|
|Other Town Payments (i.e. parking tickets)||$3.00 per transaction to a maximum of $350|
What You Will Need:
- A 19-digit roll number for property tax payments
- Parking ticket number (8-10 digit number) for parking fines
- Alpha numeric customer number for all other payments
- The amount you wish to pay
- Your credit card number
- The Town will receive an instant notification of your payment and will process it by the end of the next business day.
- For each payment, you will receive a confirmation number, and the Town will also send you an email confirmation for your records.
For more information, please contact the Town's Finance Department at 905-468-3266.
When receiving emails that appear to be from the Town, please refrain from sharing any personal or sensitive information through email.
If you receive a request via email from the Town asking you for any of your account details, to transfer funds or make alternate payment arrangements, please do not respond to the email and contact Town Hall immediately at 905-468-3266.
As a precaution, always provide any sensitive information (i.e., passwords, credit card and PINs, banking information, etc.) over the phone rather than through email.
In addition to protecting your personal information with the Town, cybersecurity awareness benefits everyone by reducing the risk of data breaches and protecting sensitive information.
Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring the security of information.