Centennial Sports Park
1565 Four Mile Creek Rd
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
Regular Season: 2022 TBD
For more information about the Town pools & splash pad please contact 905-468-4386 or email us.
2022 Programs Available
To be Determined, pending COVID-19 Regulations
Q: How will staff ensure patrons “safety” amid COVID-19?
A: We have updated our safety protocols in line with Public Health guidelines to ensure the safety of all our swimmers.
- All swimmers will be screened upon arrival and must pass that screening before being permitted to enter the pools.
- Capacity numbers have been lowered in line with provincial guidelines (numbers subject to change as guidelines are updated)
- Change Rooms and high use touch points are disinfected frequently
- Pool equipment is limited to lessons only and are disinfected after each use
Q: What should I expect when I arrive at the pool?
A: 2022 - TBD
Q: What do I need to bring to the pool?
A: Swimmers should bring:
- A mask or face covering to walk through the pool building
- A proper bathing suit and towel
- Goggles (optional) *Will not be provided by the pool
- Kickboard/noodle (optional for Lane swim/Family swim) *No equipment will be provided by the pool
- Lifejackets/small float toys/diving toys (optional for family swim/pool rentals) *No provided by the pool
Q: Will my child need to take a swim test?
A: All swimmers aged 6-9 years old are required to complete the facility swim test in order to
- Swim in the deep end
- Use diving boards/slide
- Swim unattended by a parent or guardian
The swim test includes swimming two(2) widths of the pool unassisted and without the child putting the feet on the bottom of the pool. If successful, lifeguard will provide a green wristband that must be worn for the duration of the swim. If the child is unable to complete the swim test or chooses not to do it, they will be given a yellow wristband and are required to have a parent or guardian on the pool deck for the duration of their swim.
*All swimmers 5 and under will be given a red wristband and must have a parent or guardian within arms reach in the pool at all times.
Q: Can my child swim unattended if wearing a life jacket/floaties?
A: NO. I child may only swim unattended if they have passed the swim test and/or are 10 years of age or older. Children wearing life jackets/floaties need to be within arms reach of a parent or guardian at all times and are NOT permitted to use diving boards or slide.
Q: Do I need to be in the pool with my child during family swim/rentals?
A: Please refer to our Admission Standards to see if your child requires a parent or guardian in the water.
Q: How do I know what swim level to register my child in?
A: Please refer to our Swimming Lessons Comparison chart for descriptions of each level as well as to see what Life Saving Swim level your child belongs in if they have taken lessons under the Red Cross or the YMCA previously.