Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Operations Administrative Assistant will primarily be responsible for providing administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the Operations Department. This position will also provide confidential administrative to the Director, including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, writing correspondence, coordinating mailings, and ordering office supplies. This role provides front-line customer service via phone, email, and in-person.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Office Administration or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a similar position or related discipline.
- Minimum one-year municipal experience required.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to multitask and stay focused in an environment with many interruptions.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
Applicants must clearly identify the position they are applying to in the subject line of the email. Resumes and supporting documentation will be accepted until Monday, July 4, 2022 and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.