The Economic Development Officer, under the direction of the Strategy and Government Relations Officer, is responsible for coordinating and implementing economic development initiatives. This position works closely with local businesses, community groups, all levels of government, and external stakeholders to identify economic development opportunities. The portfolio includes assessing business opportunities and developing strategies, policies, and programs to attract and promote business investment to the Town. Additionally, the position includes providing information and guidance to new and existing business owners, developing business retention and expansion initiatives, responding to inquiries from the business community concerning development opportunities, and maintaining relevant statistics for the website, social media, and presentations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Economics, or a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in economic development, business development, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of economic development principles and practices.
- Understanding of local government operations and processes, the local economic, cultural, and political environment.
- Builds strategic partnerships and facilitates the development of collaborative relationships.
- Understanding of principles and trends within the economic development industry.
- Proven project management and related program experience required.
- Strong verbal, written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, organizational, negotiating, and public relations skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applicants must apply through the Town website www.notl.com. Resumes and supporting documentation will be accepted until Friday, September 29, 2023.
The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.