The Director of Operations, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), will primarily be responsible for leading, directing and overseeing the overall administration of the Operations Department, including planning and managing comprehensive programs for the Public Works and Parks & Recreation divisions. The role provides leadership in developing a strategic, integrated approach to operations that addresses the Town's environmental, social, cultural and economic interests, ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation, by-laws and best practices.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree in Business, Public Administration, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in a senior position.
- Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng. or CET) is preferred.
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) Licence is an asset.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership experience in engaging and inspiring a workforce to build and lead a high-performing team.
- Proven track record of partnering with stakeholders to deliver infrastructure programs and services in a growing and complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Ability to set short and long-term financial and budgetary goals.
- Strong report writing, presentation, facilitation, written, and verbal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven analytical ability and decision-making skills.
- Ability to anticipate deadlines and work towards achieving key deliverables.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, standards, statutes, regulations, and by-laws, as well as an understanding of construction, infrastructure planning, asset management and engineering principles.
- High degree of integrity, openness, objectivity, discretion, trustworthiness, ethical conduct, and transparency.
Applicants must clearly identify the position they are applying to in the subject line of the email. Resumes and supporting documentation will be accepted until Monday, July 4, 2022 and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.