Under the direction of the Deputy Chief Building Official, the Building Inspector I will primarily be responsible for conducting initial plans and zoning reviews of building permit applications. This position responds to walk-in and telephone inquiries regarding building and zoning requirements and conducts plans reviews and site inspections for issued building permits.
The successful candidate will have:
- College Diploma in Construction Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- Ontario Building Code qualifications are an asset.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience working within a municipality.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
Applicants must clearly identify the position they are applying to in the subject line of the email. Resumes and supporting documentation will be accepted until Wednesday, July 6, 2022 and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.