The Town’s Discretionary Grant Program is open for applications until October 20, 2023.
The Discretionary Grant Program is designed to allocate discretionary funds to organizations, groups, and events that contribute to the cultural, social, environmental, and economic well-being of the Niagara-on-the-Lake community.
The Town operates the Program with a total budget of $102,000 funded from the parking program. The Program supports a wide variety of community-based events and capital purchases to create investments in the community that have a positive community impact.
The Discretionary Grant Program was suspended temporarily over the past couple of years due to the COVID-19 pandemic and funding concerns. The Town is excited to see this valuable Program relaunched!
How do I apply?
- Read the Discretionary Grant Policy here. Please note the streams available and what will be considered:
- Events that will benefit residents of the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Events that charge an admission or ticket price will not be considered.
- Major capital improvements.
- Fill out an application form. Currently, the Town is accepting applications for 2023 and 2024. For 2023, the Town will consider grants for events or investments retroactively if they meet the intent of the Town’s Discretionary Grant Policy. If applying for both years, please fill out a form for 2023 and 2024.
- Financial statements are required for the previous year, along with a budget. If it’s your first time applying, your organization should provide more than one set of previous financial statements to demonstrate financial stability.
- Applications open on September 7, 2023, and will close on October 20, 2023.
Please note it is not the intention or mandate of the Discretionary Grant Program to provide ongoing operational funding to any organization in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
If you have any questions about the Discretionary Grant Program, please reach out to the Director of Corporate Services, Kyle Freeborn at email@example.com or call 905-468-3266.
The application form can be found here: